Summer READS & Prophetic Dreams

This summer the weather is cool and humid in eastern Kentucky. We are experiencing an unusual amount of rain and flash flooding. Climate change is on our doorstep and each state, each nation is forced to face the reality of human pollution and its long term consequences. The most recent research at the Monterey Bay Aquarium also indicates the widespread, alarming saturation of microplastics in the oceans. Truly, humankind must accelerate our global participation in cleaning and restoring the Earth.   

The Appalachian Wilderness is the futuristic setting of Ghost Horse Hollow

Nearly thirty years ago I made a dream journal entry that surprised me with its clarity and prophetic nature concerning climate change. The journal was dated October 3-5, 1991:

"I dream the Earth is brown and summer extends through November. The global warming concerns me.  I see apple blossoms in October."

Apple blossoms appeared in my dream nearly thirty years ago.

I realized my inner visions were inspiring me to use the phrase "Global Warming" long before it became part of the international conversation. I also believe my dream was placing me in the position of writing The Fairy Lore of Ghost Horse Hollow long before I even thought of becoming a novelist. The power of these stories is strong. During the same period in my life, I frequently dreamt of horses becoming an integral part of my future, carrying me over great distances and through incredibly difficult terrains. This was many years before I came to work with horses on a daily basis. I believe these books are for the planet and for humankind to inspire a new level of commitment to conservation and a new level of commitment to our global responsibility to take good care of one another, not to fight or argue about religion and political orientation. Clinging to our belief systems becomes petty in comparison to the urgency needed to restore the environment and protect one another from famine, fire, and flood.


TURN OF THE BLADE is the first book in The Fairy Lore of Ghost Horse Hollow

Extreme or fanatical ideologies usually end with disastrous outcomes, such as genocide, human rights violations, and planetary destruction. Only a balanced consciousness, one filled with kindness and patience for one another's differences, will assist the human species in developing a sense of self-preservation without global destruction. In other words, we must tolerate diversity in order to coordinate our environmental efforts of restoration. The concept of nurturing and re-seeding is primarily associated with feminine actions. However, male contributions to conservation, research, and education have been frequent and profound. Clearly, all communities are able to work together to create organic farms, protected forests, and urban landscapes which incorporate the fragile balance of nature. We must simply be willing to work together and insist that our governments work for us.

Capturing the attention of an eager audience is the beginning of change on Earth

The Fairy Lore is all about the balanced consciousness necessary to move ahead, continuing "to think globally and act locally."

I invite you to read the first book, TURN OF THE BLADE, if you have not done so. It makes for an exciting summer READ for family entertainment. Here is the link to order on Amazon.
  
TURN OF THE BLADE BOOK 1 / The Fairy Lore of Ghost Horse Hollow

I greatly look forward to the release of the second novel in the series THE SNOW FEAST later this fall.

Comments

Popular Posts