Ghost Horse Hollow : A Natural World Fantasy

Bringing an epic fantasy to life requires a stout heart. A writer often doubts his or her abilities, but writing is like jumping off a cliff with a sense of purpose. The characters or the setting, or perhaps the dialogue, will compel a creative writer to keep going, or to take the plunge into Chapter I. Fortunately, I rarely suffer from writer's block, but I have deeply questioned if readers will enjoy my work as much as I do. A strong sense of purpose is necessary to drive on through those cloudy times. My purpose comes from my love of the natural world and my life long, passionate commitment to conservation. After many years of developing the imaginary world of Ghost Horse Hollow, I have discovered that the label a "Natural World Fantasy" fits this wondrous set of tales centered around the beauty and magic of  the Appalachian woodlands.

Ghost Horse Hollow comes to life in Appalachian farmlands

The world is suffering from extreme changes in climate. The poles are destabilizing, and artic blasts of chilling air are colliding with the warm, moist air forming over the overheated oceans and gulfs. In North America we are experience more and more interior flooding and excessive rainfall, snowfall, and ice storms. Eastern Kentucky, the heart of the inspiration for Ghost Horse Hollow, continues to be a relatively safe haven to grow crops and raise livestock, but other parts of the United States are truly in peril, especially farmlands along the Missouri, Ohio, and Mississippi river basins.

The Daniel Boone National Forest surrounds Ghost Horse Highland Farm

Bringing a Natural World Fantasy to life to serve the world community is my mission, if you will. I love this beautiful Earth and believe that every generation should preserve Her, making wise choices for the benefit of all humans. We have a responsibility to correctly interact with our own environment. We teach children not to be lazy, destructive, or irresponsible. Yet, adults are frequently ignoring these basic, wholesome principles for the sake of political power or economic expediency. We have to do better. The time is NOW. Children all around the world are protesting global warming and climate collapse. This series, the world of Ghost Horse Hollow, is for them. It is a series for imaginary escape as well as a fantasy world worth emulating. Ghost Horse Hollow is a realm of balance, appreciation, wonderment, and magic. I carry on, one page at time, one book chapter after another, for the children, for their world, for their future. My heart is filled with strength when I recall what is at stake. I invite all my blog followers to join me in reading and sharing The Fairy Lore of Ghost Horse Hollow, a family adventure for every generation.

Indian Creek is a classic example of the beauty of eastern Kentucky 


Comments

Popular Posts