Preview of TURN OF THE BLADE

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1231402

After many, many years of developing The Fairy Lore of Ghost Horse Hollow series, I am so pleased to submit the opening passage of Book I : TURN OF THE BLADE in the CreateSpace Gallery for review and comments. The Fairy Lore is set one hundred years in the future in the Appalachian Wilderness. Many of the predictions in the fantasy are now coming true, especially the massive storms due to climate change. I wrote the original manuscript nearly twenty years ago, anticipating planetary and societal transformations. The fantasy, of course, exaggerates the potential conditions in order to provide theatrical interest. However, the book series is provocative, in that it looks deeply at the destruction of the Earth, which is entirely possible if humans continue to operate outside Nature's wise boundaries.  

The fairy imagery in Ghost Horse Hollow is a blend of fantasy and reality.


My great lifelong love for the Natural world began with my childhood in the mountains of Tennessee. When my family would hike and trail ride in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park, I did not yet imagine a world full of magical creatures. I was already in awe with the ones that existed right before my eyes: black bears, raccoons, bobcats, opossums, white tail deer, and sure-footed horses. The misty mountains around me were as enchanting as the ones I would come to read about later in life in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. My closest friends and I would role play from Tolkien's works as we walked the ridges and climbed through the forests. But it was the world at our finger tips which sparked our imaginations. We were truly in a glorious setting already.

Magic abounds in Ghost Horse Hollow! 

My intension with The Fairy Lore of Ghost Horse Hollow is to capture the wonderment and the inspirational beauty of our own planet. My hope is this book series will serve as a reminder to people on every continent that we live in a precious and profound environment, worthy of our protection and deserving of our continuous conservation. The real blue-eyed Ghost Horses serve as a physical engagement or bridge, if you will,  between fantasy entertainment and our own endangered world. It has been our family's privilege to raise these rare equines in conjunction with the development of The Fairy Lore book series.

I hope you will share this Preview Link with your friends and family on all Social Media accounts available to you and that you will join me in celebrating the release of TURN OF THE BLADE when it becomes available for sale on Amazon.com in the fall of 2017. 

May many happy adventures await each of my beloved and eager readers!
Anne Severn Williamson, Author
Great Smokey Mountains National Park



Comments

Popular Posts